This is a lovely winter warmer for those colder evenings and is a low-fat and a tasty alternative to shop bought higher calorie versions. Fairly quick and easy to make, with a few substitutes, to make this one of my go to favourites.
Serves 2 (Generous portions)
- 1/2 cup pudding rice
- 1 Pint of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sweetener
- Nutmeg to serve
- Rinse pudding rice well and add to a none stick pan, along with milk, vanilla pod (opened and content scrapped and added), vanilla extract & sweetener.
- Cover and simmer gently on a low heat, until rice cooked and the liquid has reduced. (Usually around 25 – 30 minutes)
- Remove vanilla pod, serve and sprinkle with nutmeg.
This versatile recipe can be adapted to suit all tastes. Try swapping the vanilla pod with, star anise and the nutmeg with cinnamon to add a different twist. Or stir in your favourite flavour of Muller light yogurt before serving. My favourite combination is the Muller Light apple and elderflower yogurt stirred through, with cinnamon sprinkled on top. Yum!