A healthy twist to a tasty family favourite that has become one of our regular winter dishes.
- Low Calorie spray oil
- 500g low fat minced beef (5% fat if possible)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 courgette (finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 500g passata
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian mixed herbs
- A handful of fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 level tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- approximately 12 (dried) lasagne sheets (depending on the size of your oven proof dish)
For the white Sauce
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 250g fat free quark
- 250g fat free Greek style natural yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of mustard powder
- Spray a non stick sauce pan with the oil and add the mince, browning for a few minutes, (approximately 3). Drain off any excess fat once browned.
- Add the courgettes, onions, garlic and pepper and cook for 4-6 minutes until softened.
- Add and stir in, the can of tomatoes, passata, herbs, Salt & Pepper (to taste) and stock cube. Simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Preheat the oven at 200oC/Fan 180oC/Gas 6
- Meanwhile for the white sauce, lightly whisk the eggs, Quark, Greek Yogurt, mustard powder and nutmeg in a bowl, until thoroughly mixed and put to one side.
- Spray medium sized oven proof dish with spray oil and add half of the mince mixture, spreading out evenly across the base of the dish. Add a layer of pasta sheets, then spoon over half of the white sauce mixture on the top. Spoon the remaining half of the mince mixture on top, then add the final layer of pasta sheets. Spoon the remaining white sauce evenly over the top of the pasta sheets and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese across the top.
- Bake on the top shelf of the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown and the pasta sheets are cooked through.
- Serve with Salad and enjoy!