Warming healthy alternative to warm you up on these cold autumnal nights.
- 1 large eating apple
- 1 tablespoon mincemeat
- Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Small pot fat free quark
- 1 tablespoon fat free fromage frais
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener
- Core the apple, but not all the way through, keep the bottom of the apple intact.
- Score around the circumference of the apple, so it will keep its shape whilst cooking.
- Spoon the mincemeat into the cored apple, push all the way down to the bottom.
- Place the apple on a baking tray and bake in the oven (180oC) for 25 – 30 minutes, until the apple is cooked through
- For the Cream whip the sweetener, vanilla extract, quark and fromage frais together until smooth and fully combined
- To serve, spoon the cream over the apple and sprinkle with cinnamon
This is one of my favourite recipes, as its so quick to prepare and gives you those lovely warming comfort flavours you quite often crave for at this time of year.
I used this recipe throughout Christmas last year, in place of the traditional Christmas pudding and really enjoyed the change as well as the 10 1/2lb loss I managed to accumulate during December!
You can enjoy more Recipes here